Job Code: RN - 122
Revision Date: Aug 14, 2020
$27.22 - $44.54 Hourly
$2,177.60 - $3,563.20 Biweekly
$56,625.00 - $92,633.00 Annually
We are an
agency committed to innovative behavioral health services in trauma-informed
care that promote healing and recovery to instill a sense of empowerment and
foster a lifelong sense of resilience.
The purpose of this job is to coordinate
and monitor the total nursing care of Emergence Health Network consumers by
identifying health needs, recommending necessary follow up, educating consumer
and families and providing leadership through working cooperatively in complex
situations with other team personnel while maintaining standards of nursing
care/practice in the clinical setting. Implement and create center wide medical
policies and procedures which pertain to the nursing department, assumes an
advisory role for effective management of all assigned units, demonstrates
leadership by assuming responsibility and accountability for actions,
demonstrates a commitment to professional nursing practice, adheres to the
nursing code of ethics, exhibits self-direction, continued learning, and participates
in research activities when possible.
This class works under general
supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below are those
that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position.
Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the
position as necessary.
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline
Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted
practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted
- Obtains medical/mental health history and provides
medical/mental health screenings.
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span
as appropriate to discipline and setting.
- Completes interviews and physical assessments.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate
response to emergency needs of patients. Must appropriately document
patient encounters electronically according to current standards of care
using electronic health records.
- Assess, evaluates and monitors the health care needs of
patients using data relating to the patient.
- Coordinate and implement discharge plans in conjunction
with inter-professional team.
- Conduct follow-ups as appropriate and necessary.
- Monitor/observe for withdrawal complications, possible
medication side effects, and emerging symptoms of mental health and
- Obtains patients' medical histories and appropriately
refers abnormal findings or responses or stated medical problems to the
physician and/ or mid-level provider.
- Adheres to professional nursing principals, procedures
and techniques for appropriate patient care and take direction from onsite
- Adheres to medication administration guidelines,
understand pharmaceutical agents and their desired effects recognize
adverse effects and take appropriate corrective measures as needed.
- Provide patient health education as appropriate.
- Participates as member of inter-professional team to
ensure that equipment, supplies and logs are available, correct and
- Ensures all equipment is functional and appropriately
maintained according to manufacturer's requirements.
- May serve as clinic coordinator to ensure effective and
efficient clinical operations.
- May participate in peer reviews, Quality Improvement/Quality
Assurance activities, Infection Control activities, investigations or
other clinically significant activities.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with
program policies and position.
- Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing
electronic health records as required by, and appropriate to, position.
- Completes and passes all discipline specific
competencies testing, initially and annually.
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality
of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA
regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to, and maintains awareness of organizational
policies, procedures, directives, and accreditation standards.
- Adheres to, and participates in, organizational Safety,
Prevention, Infection and Control, Quality Improvement, Patient Education
and other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to position.
- Attends and participates in general/medical staff
- Adheres to on-call schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing supplemented by two (2) years of clinical practice in a Mental Health
specialty; or possession of any equivalent combination of education, training,
and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience with trauma-informed
services; cognitive behavioral therapies, including DBT; and motivational
therapies including the use of incentives, preferred.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge of trauma-informed
theories, principals, and practices (includes multi-faceted understanding of
concepts such as community trauma, intergenerational and historical trauma,
parallel processes, and universal precautions), preferred.
Performs light to medium work that
involves walking or standing virtually all of the time and also involves
exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or
skill, adeptness and speed in the use of the fingers, hands or limbs on
repetitive operation of mechanical or electronic office or shop machines or
tools within moderate tolerances or limits of accuracy.
Unavoidable Hazards (Work
- Involves routine and frequent exposure to:
- Radiation; Disease/pathogens.
Special Certifications and Licenses
Requires a license to practice as a Registered Nurse in
the state of Texas by the Board of Nurse Examiners or equivalent from a
Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- Must be able to be credentialed as a QMHP in the timeframe designated by EHN.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver's
License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a TB, criminal background and drug
Americans with Disabilities Act
Emergence Health Network is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. ADA requires Emergence Health Network to provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective
and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with
Other Job Characteristics
- Staffing requirements, including criteria that staff
have diverse disciplinary backgrounds, have necessary State required
license and accreditation, and are culturally and linguistically trained
to serve the needs of the clinic's patient population.
- Credentialed, certified, and licensed professionals
with adequate training in person-centered, family centered, trauma
informed, culturally-competent and recovery-oriented care.
Note: This Class Description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the Emergence Health Network and an employee and is subject
to change by the Emergence Health Network as its needs change.